Mr. Doobie Main
---photos and illustrations of---
William James Beck
Click the links to view.
Hit 'BACK' in your browser to return to this page.
- My Father taken just
before his first attempt at emptying the tanks of his brand new R.V. (What
a brave man)
- My Mother tiptoeing
through the tulips at the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. (You gotta love
- I was caught playing with my balls in 1972.
(Wasn't I a cutie?)
- Here I am with my best friend in high school
Danny D'Angelo NOTE: Danny started drawing
a cartoon called "Super Flea" which inspired me in many ways
to create Mr. Doobie! Thank you Danny and thank you Super Flea!(visualize
Mr. Doobie with boots and an Uzi 9mm Machine Gun)
- My senior class photo taken in 1988.
(What an 80's stud!)
- I started college level theatre when I was 10.
Here I am playing Dr. Einstien in our interpretation
of "Arsenic and Old Lace".
- Here is brief unclassified
look of my time in the military.
- When I got out of the service, it wasn't long
before my folks could tell I needed phsychotherapy. Here is a look at my
'69 bug taken in 1993.
- My father and I caught playing strip
pokeeno in 1994.
- Katy, my little
hippy dog. (Shown actual size)
- When I was a summer camp counselor, I had a chance
to meet with the future district attorney of New York, Benny
D'Angelo (age 11). Photo taken 1995.
- After a wonderful conversation with Benny, I
took advantage of the opportunity to get into the mind of Richard Bach
in his wonderful book "Illusions"
(age 11). It wasn't until several years later did the photographer approach
me with these photos. Aaron Dodell, "Thank you!"
- One of my campers described what I looked like
to their mother. (Who just happend to be a professional cartoonist living
in Paris, France) The Punisher armed with hair clippers and an electric
guitar.*artwork by Sue Davis 1995*
- Cartoonist's Note: Never play with your pets
while you have a case of the munchies.
- When I drive around in my 1970 VW type II transporter
bus, I like to carry a spare tire and a spare snowman.
- The crew of the punisher van 1996. (Summer camp
counselors) From left to right: Myself,
Loren, Alejandro, Marta, Meghan, and Jodi.
- In Arizona, the spiders are big,
hairy, venomous, and crawl up your pants.
- My sister's wedding the summer of 1997.
From left to right: Don (dad), Louise (dad's mom), Lisa (sis), Mark (bro
in law), Celeste (mom's mom) holding Riley (nephew) , Maggie (mom), and
Billy (slightly baked).
- Candid Doobers.
- Here is a photo of my tattoo. If you would
like a groovy tattoo, check out Good
Vibes Body Art website!
- My father (Don aka "Boompa") holding my nephew (Casey), while
I sit and hold my other nephew (Riley)...taken July 2001.
Here is another view of the same photo, just a close up of me(long hair
pulled back) in Black and White.
- A group photo with friends at HempFest
2001 in Seattle. A shot towards the stage at 4:20pm
when Woody Harelson lit up the crowd... note: the heavy smoke cloud rising.
- This is a sketch of me made by a gentleman from the island of Samoa.
If you recognize the signature please have
him contact me so that I can thank him and give him credit! My muscles
aren't quite that big, but I'm working on it!
My philosophy on life is simple, have
fun and don't ever stop asking questions.
"It is something to be able to paint a
particular picture, or to carve a statue, and so to make a few objects
beautiful; but it is far more glorious to carve and paint the very atmosphere
and medium through which we look . . . To affect the quality of the day
-- that is the highest of arts."
Photo Album Poetry Other
Mr. Doobie Main
Index Cartoons Gifts The
Copyright © 2008 Mr. Doobie Enterprises -
All rights reserved.
Would you like us to contact you with updates to MrDoobie.com?
Enter your email address below and hit "SEND".